Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Long Time No Posts...

Sorry about that!
But today I do have a post!
 
I got my inspiration from


and since I am giving her credit--I hope she won't mind I posted her beautiful work...
Hilary3

I just fell in love love love with these!
 
And then there was another cute project on Pinterest that I fell in love with
that used these adorable spider webs from Papertrey Ink dies.
So I ordered a few new toys...
and I justified it that I would share them with my friend Theresa
so I threw together a small bag to stash some of the die cuts in for her.
It looked something like this---
 
So first up is my bag....my pics don`t do them justice...
here`s the front...
and here`s a tip I remembered after the fact...
when popping up colored items--like this black cutout
(Sizzix-Tim Holtz-I know-I really don`t like TH---but I loved the die....sigh)
color the edges of the pop dots with a similar colored Sharpie-
then they won`t show as much!
The moon I covered with Martha Stewarts Glow in the Dark
glitter
(I won`t buy MS punches either...!)
Here`s the side...

 again with the TH Sizzix die...
 the back

The web is from the Papertrey Ink dies-
you get three different sizes...this is the medium sized one.
The spider is cut from a CTMH Artiste cartridge I think---
it may be CTMH Art Philosophy-but I think it`s Artiste...

 and the other side...

I know someone may ask about the size of the bag...

the dp is old CTMH--Hooligans---long retired.
And washi tape along the top.
 
Ok.
So here was my other project.
I am going to be giving a little talk about
spiders and spider webs
as this guy has been in residence on our deck...
he (or she) is a writing spider.
No, I am not spider expert...
I am using this to show how we can learn
to not get caught up in ``webs``
of not so good things...
and I will be giving out some readings from some devotional books
so I made a little bookmark type thing
that the web and spider slide up and down on...
here`s one I made just with dp paper layered on cardstock
I used the middle sized die, cut a narrow enough strip
that it would slide under and then back over
the edges of the web...
12 inches long, scored at 6 inches...

 slid it into the web....
 stuck a little adhesive on the inside end of the cardstock

 and folded it in half so the web is ``sandwiched`` inbetween
and slides up and down but won`t slide off!
The bow is made out of....dental floss.
Yep.
Dental floss!
I love the look of Baker`s Twine
but I cannot jump on every  new bandwagon
and purchase every new thing out there...
trust me-it worked fine
except you want unwaxed dental floss...
the waxed was a MESS!
 
Another project or two just popped into my mind
using my web dies---
I love the Papertrey Ink dies-they work well.
They came in a timely manner.
The shipping charges---not so great.
 Three little flat metal dies....
came in a priority mail BOX at least 8`` x 8``
with two wads of paper stuffed on top of the dies
sitting on the bottom of the box.
REALLY
a padded priority ENVELOPE would have been sufficient.
And a heck of a lot cheaper.
End of rant.
 
Here`s what the babies are up to...
Sir Stirling and his favorite toy...

and Sir Sebastian with his...which is an orange pipe cleaner.
No clue-so don`t ask! lol!

 
And this is what I found the other day when I went to sweep the floor...

it is the head-just the head--of a `whittle fuzzy (TOY) mouse``!
No clue where the rest of him is...
other than...
that may be why Sir Sebastian had some tummy issues a week or so ago!
Momma also got a cat stroller...
 

from Discount Ramps via Amazon.
It is light weight-but sturdy!!!
That carrier...detaches from the stroller base by unclipping the four side bands.
The base collapses not as small as an umbrella stroller but not much bigger either!
The carrier also has two hard plastic inserts that hold the sides up while in use
but slip out so you can store it flat!
Using the ``cover`` is optional.
And there are pockets on the carrier itself
and a good sized storage area underneath
(it will hold a case of the food the I get from the vet!)
so our vet trips are going to be a whole lot easier on Momma!
We did take Poppa Cat for a walk around the block to try it out.
Can`t say he was too impressed however...
the next night when I teasingly put him in the carrier-he didn`t try to jump out!
This is a high-quality product, it came in half the time they said it would
and I believe it was FREE SHIPPING!
I can`t say enough good things about it!
Well worth the price!
 
Ok.
Off to maybe try the other projects that popped into my head.
More webs coming up!
 
Until next time,
happy stamping and scrapping!
Blessings,
 


No comments: