Monday, November 18, 2013

Lady bug, Lady bug...fly away home

It seems it's either feast or famine around here!
I have not one but 4 cards to share!
I've been busy in that magic kingdom
(that's why my blog header and background is Halloween still!)
 
Anyway-
one at a time.


I love love love this one-
red, black and white-what's not to love?
And lady bugs?!
This card is a whole lot more fussy than what I normally do
but as I kept designing and doing it,
I kept adding layer upon layer-
let's see-base, background, doily,
and 4 embellishment layers!
We won't mention the TWO layers of hefty pop dots!
This one is going to be hand-delivered
so it really doesn't matter and besides,
I am used to extra postage due to pop dots!


The cardstock is all Close to My Heart-as is the inside Happy Birthday sentiment.
The front stamped/die cut embellishments are new Stampin' Up sets.
I am not certain who the Thank God for You stamp is by-
and the stickers I picked up at our local pretend Wal-Mart.
 The coloring here in these two bottom pics
make it look orange-y-but it's not-it's red.
CTMH cardstock has a white core-
so sending it through the Big Shot with an embossing folder
then sanding (nail file works great!)
is like having a whole 'nother paper stash on hand!


the wooden lady bug on the bow was in may stash from forever.
Kinda hated to part with it--maybe I can find some more.

 
That's it for today.
Filing and bill paying beckon me.
 
To the person wanting to see my Etsy shop opened-
please be patient!
Living on an island, we also have a pretend post office
so I have to go across the bridge to the real post office
(and pray I get the nice men and not the bi mean ladies!)
to calculate shipping,
then get some pics and I'll be good to go!
Maybe as soon as next week!
 
Until next time,
happy stamping and scrapping!
Blessings,



No comments: